Sunday, December 28, 2008

The vikings use the front door or the back door?

The Minnesota Vikings had two choices to enter the playoffs today. They could either walk in the front door with a win today or they could get in the back door if they were to loose today. If the Chicago bears lost and the Vikings lost then the Vikings would be in.

Today's opponent for the Vikings was the defending super bowl champions the New York Giants. It was a home game for the vikings and one other good thing going for the vikings is the giants don't play very well against them as of late.

The game provide to be an exciting one. As both teams went back and forth at the half the vikings were up 10-9. Early the the vikings defense was able to stop the giants offense that did not hold true the whole game however. About mid way into the 2nd quarter the giants seemed to be building the momentum. The vikings defense went soft and could not stop them most of the rest of the game.

In the send half it had seemed to be all giants as they came out and got a touchdown and now lead by a 16-10 score. The vikings then marched all the way down to 6 yard like of the giants were Jackson then tossed an interception. That lead to a field goal for the giants and at the end or three quarters of play then lead 19-10.

This putting the vikings back against the wall to control there own destiny. The vikings came out strong and marched down to get a touch down this pulled them with in 2 at 19-17. It was now or never for the defence to make a stand with the game clock ticking against the vikings. The giants took the ball and went down the field on the vikings. Two huge plays stopped there drive. This leaving the giants with a field goal try they missed.

The vikings took over and marched down the filed to put them self's in field goal range. Now it our turn to try to win the game with just 4 seconds left. Ryan Longwell would have it hit a 51 yard try. Well he did and we walked in to the playoffs with a 20-19 win.

Yes we used the front door.

4 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

I was pulling for the vike's...although I did take the giants and the points..
my team on the other hand...blew...bit..and sucked...there better be a whole bunch of firing going on..starting with them fecking trouble makers they hired on ...sigh*

Unknown said...

Hi Yellowdog Granny,

Let me say this. I have always been a cowboys fan uptill this year. Any team that had T.O. I will route against. He does nothing but cause trouble. I hope the cowboys let him go.

I don't know if he is one of the trouble makers you are talking about or not but I agree. They better being let go of some of the players. What do you think of the coach?

yellowdoggranny said...

If I was Jerry Jones I would have gone into the locker room and fired:flozell adams,(the offside penalty king of the fucking nfl), the special team coach, jason, wade Phillips,, T.O. Roy williams, Greg Ellis,Adan Jones,and that other felon they hired...And if I was jj I'd do everything I could to get Gramham Harrell in the draft.
I'd rather start from scratch with a bunch of rookies than go one more season with those misfits..
I was thrilled to death when they hired Wade, but they need a disaplinarian coach not some moddle coddle coach..sigh*..wish we had jimmy johnson back..But on the good news...I'm 159-88-8 for the season against the spread..ha

Unknown said...

I like Wade as a coach as well but maybe he did (does not) fit in Dallas. As far the players I agree 100%. We will have to wait and see what happens here in there off season.